Monday, September 6, 2010

one of those days

I had one of those days yesterday.  It started out well enough mid-morning when I picked the remaining Roma tomatoes on our plants and made them into a soup base.  The house smelled divine and so I let it simmer while I worked on some paintings in the basement.  The art was moving along, but it seemed I kept working myself into corners and nothing was coming together.  One of them actually began to fall apart as a layer of paper underneath became so wet that it started falling apart under my brush.  So I went upstairs to work on the soup, at which point I added too much macaroni to the minestrone and it turned into a casserole (mushy enough for a nursing home, said my husband). 

Mushy casserole soup, disjointed paintings.  I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: